02.23.09

Watch Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations Tonight At 10pm On Travel Channel

Posted in Famous Fat Dave's Five Borough Eating Tours, Manhattan at 9:03 am by Administrator

bourdain and me.jpg

We drank that whole boot of beer by the end of the shoot.  So I really have no recollection of what transpired at Hiedleberg’s Restaurant in Yorkville.  I know Tony convinced me to eat head cheese for the first time in my life and I loved it.  And I know I ate a lot of pork off his plate because it was super delicious.

We also did a segment at Eisenberg’s Deli down near Madison Square (the fact that my last name is Freedenberg and the producers decided we’d eat at Eisenberg’s and Hiedleberg has got to be a total coincidence right?).  We drank Lime Rickys and Egg Creams and spoke of New York past even though I’ve only been here for 12 years and I’m still discovering New York present.  I can’t say for sure that part didn’t get cut.  I do know that, unlike the episode I did with him two years ago, he’ll get my name right.

We also did a shoot in the Checker for the “Outer Boroughs” episode that should air this summer so look out for that.  We did a mini Bronx tour and had some soul food, jerk shrimp, and rabe.

Check out www.FamousFatDave.com for eating tours at reasonable prices

bourdain and mel.jpg

13 Comments »

1. ride&cook said,

February 23, 2009 at 2:04 pm

Glad to see you back, Dave! And you got to bum around New York with Bourdain! I will slap myself to stay awake tonight to watch you guys.

2. Blair said,

February 23, 2009 at 9:56 pm

WTF! Why didn’t you tell me this?! That’s awesome!

3. Juree said,

February 24, 2009 at 1:09 am

That’s great Dave– I am watching tonight!!

4. Lara said,

February 24, 2009 at 3:38 am

You were great and highly entertaining. A good foil for the Great Tony. I thoroughly enjoyed your segment.
    If I ever make it to the other coast, I’ll have to try the checkered Taxi!!

5. ride&cook said,

February 24, 2009 at 8:05 pm

Dave, your dish at Hiedleberg’s looked tempting, how was it? Now I have a whole new list of places to get to in the city. What’s your take on Peter Luger? My brother is coming up from Maryland in a few weeks and he’s taking us to dinner there — not that I’m going to complain or anything!

6. Blair said,

February 24, 2009 at 8:17 pm

ride and cook – Luger’s rules if you go you do however have to try their bacon! Its like a Flintstones version of it. Dave you ruled. Glad he got your name right this time.

7. zeep said,

March 5, 2009 at 12:45 am

Those pics are great – and the episode rocked, kudos Dave!

8. Deb Schiff said,

March 12, 2009 at 6:55 pm

How awesome are you?!?!

Great photos. Missed your blog posts. Hey — did you graduate yet?

I’m back in school again, too. :0

9. Famous Fat Dave said,

March 16, 2009 at 10:54 pm

Hi Deb!

How awesome am I? Fairly awesome to moderately awesome.

I’m about to graduate in May at which point I’ll have much more time for blog posts!

10. Cheryl Tan said,

April 16, 2009 at 5:02 pm

Hi Dave — I JUST discovered your blog. You are my new hero!!! This post rocks. Totally adding you to my blog roll. (I’m new at this so, am figuring it out still.) I’ll definitely keep on reading!

11. Jennifer Lehner said,

May 10, 2009 at 8:41 pm

Hey I just googled you after watching this episode. It was great.
    But I noticed you had on a Yonah Schimmel’s tshirt. Why didn’t you take him THERE? Talk about the best find in NYC!
    Anyway, I enjoyed the episode.

12. Derek said,

May 21, 2009 at 1:51 pm

Bourdain is the man.He’s a rock ‘n’ roll gangster in the kitchen. He rolls with his crew like a pirate and writes kicking crime novels. Saintly!

13. ilovefood said,

July 1, 2009 at 4:06 am

I don’t get a woodie of this guy like most people seem to. He was cool on Top chef but that’s about it. Cool beer mug by the way.